Wednesday, August 02, 2006

First days

During the first days after my arrival I stayed at my buddy Zandor's. However, his family lives in Saúde neighborhood, about 40 minutes or so by bus and subway from University. Therefore I wanted to find my own place as soon as possible.
At school there is a blackboard with offers and I only checked out two appartments before I decided where to stay.
I now live in a shared appartment with two other Brazilian guys who study at the same university. They are great guys, although a little bit messy. The appartment is on the 20th (!) floor of a building about 10 minutes walking from my university in Bela Vista neighborhood, about 3 blocks from Avenida Paulista, which is the main business area of Sao Paulo, with lots of banks and skyscrapers. It's not too bad to live in such a building as it's very safe. You have to pass security check of both the complex and the building and then you need a key to access the elevators. The complex consists of five buildings and in between theres is something like a little park with flowers, fountains and children's playgrounds. Additionally, there is a huge supermarket two blocks away, so that's pretty convenient.
The only thing is that the appartment is lacking some important things so I'll have to buy some stuff by myself. Everything else is fine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home