Thursday, August 10, 2006

Stadium


I have been twice to the Morumbi Stadium of São Paulo lately. Once for the semifinal of the Copa Libertadores (South America equivalent to our Champions League), where FC São Paulo beat Chivas from Mexico 3-0, and then for the first final game where São Paulo lost, unfortunately, against Internacional (Brazil).
Both times I went with a bunch of other exchange students from FGV and some of our Brazilian "buddies", who had organized everything. My "buddy", Jad, even invited my for the Second game.
For the final game, my friend Rodrigo, whom I knew from his exchange to Germany, came over from Florianopolis.
Even though the stadium "only" has space for about 70,000 fans, which is less than I thought, it's still a great atmosphere when 70,000 sing, scream, jump and light smoke bombs, especially when São Paulo scored some goals!
On our way to the semifinal game, something funny happened, too: Our cab suddenly ran out of gas because the driver had not checked before. He even didn't have any money to buy more so he had to borrow some from us and then walked away before he came back with some fuel in a plastic bag!

"...a tricolo-o-o-o-or!"




"???, me, Pent-Ji, Mafe, Jad"

Didu & me

1 Comments:

At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jung,
haste noch andre fotos ausm stadium? brauch noch welche für mein blog vom finale!

ate logo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home